vast majority of our individual clients are parents, or legal guardians
or conservators of:
- Children who have a mental, emotional or physical disability and as
a result are failing in some combination of their home, school or community
- Children who are legally disabled, but have not been identified as
being eligible for special education by the public school system.
- Children who already have an Individualized Education Program (IEP)
through their local public school district, but who continue not to
succeed despite the development of the IEP.
- Children who have been proposed for suspension, expulsion, or expelled,
from their public school district.
- Children or adults who are developmentally disabled (which includes
autism, mental retardation, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, and conditions
similar to mental retardation), and who are eligible for Regional Center
Services in California.
- Children who are wards or dependents of the California Juvenile Courts,
and are legally disabled, but who are not receiving appropriate special
education services, or are in inappropriate placements.